Research, design, develop, and inspect products alongside engineers. Engineering technicians also produce technical drawings and are involved in operation of projects.
Idaho DOL Outlook13% increase in the next 10 years with 15 annual openings in the state
- Planning and organizing
- Problem Solving
- Critical thinking and analytical
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to assemble products and equipment
- Computer/digital proficiency
- Ability to read schematics and instructions
- Good math skills
This apprenticeship is competency-based. It may be as much as 8000 hours unless competencies are proven. On-the-job learning attainment is supplemented by the minimum required 576 hours of related instruction.