Responsible for the upkeep of buildings and mechanical systems. Industrial maintenance mechanics build, test, repair, train, install, and adjust system components. Industrial maintenance mechanics also perform emergency repairs and typically work with large production machines.
Idaho DOL Outlook11% increase in the next 10 years with 174 annual openings in the state
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Understanding how to ready system schematics
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- Knowledge of equipment safety systems and processes
- Reading and interpreting diagrams, sketches, and instructions
This apprenticeship is approximately 2-3 years with an on-the-job learning attainment of 3900-6000 hours, supplemented by at least 432 hours of curriculum instruction.