Mechatronics technicians design, develop, test, and repair automation, intelligent systems, smart systems, or industrial systems control. This job combines electrical, mechanical, and technology skills to work on robotic and complex mechanical equipment.
Idaho DOL Outlook16% increase in the next 10 years with 8 annual openings in the state
- Detail oriented
- Organized and good time-management
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal rapport/Teamworker
- Ability to assemble products and equipment
- Ability to read schematics, diagrams, and instructions
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- Strong digital literacy
The apprenticeship is competency-based. The apprenticeship may be as much as 8000 hours and on-the-job learning is supplemented by the minimum required 576 hours of related curriculum instruction.